Venue: Virtual Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Lisa Gallacher 02392 834056 Email: email@example.com
Webcast: View the webcast
Apologies for absence
Declarations of Members' Interests
Purpose of report
· Seek approval of the final stage submission to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (EFSA) by 21 January 2021 of the 2021-22 mainstream school revenue funding pro-forma for the Primary and Secondary Phases.
· Inform the Cabinet Member of the progress towards the initial determination of the schools budget (including individual schools budgets for 2021-22 and to seek the necessary approvals and endorsements required).
RECOMMENEDED that the cabinet member:
(1) Approve the proposed changes to the mainstream schools revenue funding arrangements as set out in Section 5.
(2) Approve the school revenue funding pro-forma at Appendix 5 for submission to the ESFA on 21 January 2021.
(3) Approve the budget to be held centrally for the payment of central licences negotiated nationally for all schools by the Secretary of State.
(4) Approve the Element 3 Top-up values for Special Schools, Alternative Provision settings, Inclusion Centre and Mainstream Education, Health and Care Plan banding for implementation in April 2021 as set out in Appendix 4.
(5) Following the funding announcement from the Department for Education, approve the proposed hourly rates to Early Years providers for 2021-22 as set out in section 7 and Table 5.
Following approval by Schools Forum it is recommended that the Cabinet Member:
(6) Endorse the Growth Fund Criteria for 2021-22 as set out in Appendix 3.
(7) Endorse the budgets to be held centrally specifically:
· Schools Forum
· Duties retained by the local authority for all schools
Purpose of report
To seek the approval of the Cabinet Member for Children Families and Education on the proposals for funding mainstream schools with an Inclusion Centre for the financial year 2021-22 and onwards.
RECOMMENDED that the Cabinet Member for Children, Families and Education agrees to the implementation of the proposal to move arrangements for mainstream schools with an Inclusion Centre, as set out in this report.
"The report originally marked on the agenda "to follow" was published on Thursday 7th January 2021"
The purpose of this report is to provide the Cabinet Member with an update on the final closing balances of Wimborne Infant and Wimborne Junior Schools and to request endorsement of the transfer of the balances to Wimborne Primary School from the Schools Specific Contingency.
It is recommended that the Cabinet Member:
1. Approve the transfer of Wimborne Infant and Wimborne Junior Schools closing balances to Wimborne Primary School from the Schools Specific Contingency.
2. Approve the use of the 2020-21 carry forward in 2021-22 to reinstate the School Specific Contingency to the balance of £141,800 as at December 2020.