Councillor Luke Stubbs
Title: Deputy Group Leader
Political grouping: Conservative
Ward: Eastney & Craneswater
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Flat 3, Clearwater Apartments
38-42 South Parade
Mobile: 07986 - 037323
Bus. email: Cllr.Luke.Stubbs@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
Note : Deputy Leader & Group Secretary
Portsmouth City Council is not responsible for the content of any external link
- Cabinet Member for Health, Wellbeing & Social Care (Opposition spokesperson)
- Employment Committee
- Full Council
- Health and Wellbeing Board
- Housing & Social Care Scrutiny Panel (Chair)
- Joint Employment Panel for the Appointment of a Joint Director of Public Health with Southampton City Council
- Planning Committee
Terms of Office
- 04/05/2006 - 06/05/2010
- 06/05/2010 - 22/05/2014
- 22/05/2014 - 03/05/2018
- 03/05/2018 - 05/05/2022
Appointments to outside bodies
- Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority
- Partnership for South Hampshire (PUSH) (Joint Committee)
- Portsmouth Cultural Trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust (Council of Governors)
Group Spokesperson for Traffic & Transportation; Planning, Regeneration & Economic Development and Member of Traffic, Environment & Community Safety Scrutiny Panel.
Life outside the council
I’m 36 and a computer programmer. I’m single and live at South Parade, Southsea.
Portsdown Hill, and the almost rural section of seafront at Eastney.
Sci-fi films, rock bands like Iron Maiden, travel, cinema, chess and walking. I like George Orwell’s books.
Becoming more efficient means difficult choices for the council. The city also faces pressure to fit in too many new flats.
Why I’m a councillor
I’d always followed current affairs, and wanted to do something about the issues I cared about.