Councillor Donna Jones
Title: Group Leader
Political grouping: Conservative
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Available by appointment. Please phone me on my office number.
Bus. phone: 023 9283 4936(Civic Offices)
- Cabinet Member - the Leader (Opposition spokesperson)
- Cabinet Member for Planning, Regeneration & Economic Development (Opposition spokesperson)
- Employment Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Full Council
- Planning Committee
- Solent Growth Forum
Terms of Office
- 01/05/2008 - 03/05/2012
- 03/05/2012 - 05/05/2016
- 05/05/2016 - 07/05/2020
Appointments to outside bodies
- Building Control Partnership
- Caen/ Portsmouth Friendship Committee
- Elementary Education Act Trust Board
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Local Government Association
- Local Government Association (General Assembly)
- Minerals and Waste Development Framework (Members' Steering Group)
- National Museum of the Royal Navy (formerly known as the Warrior Preservation Trust)
- Partnership for South Hampshire (PUSH) (Joint Committee)
- Port Advisory Board
- Project Integra Strategic Board
- Public Service Board
- Solent Forum
Donna was born and raised in Portsmouth. She attended Northern Parade Infant School and Stamshaw Junior School before attending Ditcham Park School. She took three A-levels at Havant College before being offered a place at Cardiff University.
Leaders' Portfolio.Member of the Governance, Audit & Standards Committee. Donna is also a Trustee of the World War Two Memorial.
Life outside the council
Donna is married and has two small sons. Donna is a fully qualified investment manager for a bank and has taken a career break to focus on her political career.
The views, and the Tenth Hole tea-room in Southsea. They have cakes to die for!
Listening to music, and watching period dramas.
To manage the city finances so that excellent high-quality services are delivered while reducing the city's debt.
Why I'm a councillor
To give something back to the city that generations of my family have lived in and benefited from.