Councillors, Simon Bosher, Scott Payter-Harris, Frank Jonas, Ken Ellcome and Steve Wemyss have asked that the decision taken by Councillor Ben Dowling when he stood in for the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation at the meeting held on 31 July 2018 in respect of item 3 on that agenda, 'Revised Residents Parking Programme of Consultation', be called in for scrutiny on the basis that they believe that the decision may have been taken based on inaccurate, incorrect or inadequate information.
The decision today is for the panel to determine whether the Cabinet Member's decision
• has been based on inaccurate or incorrect information
• has been taken without adequate information
If the panel is satisfied that the decision has not been based on inaccurate or
incorrect information, or that it was not taken without adequate information
being supplied to enable the Cabinet Member to reach his decision, then no further action is required and the matter ends here.
If the panel is not satisfied on these grounds, the panel may refer the matter
back to the original decision maker for reconsideration stating the reasons why.
A report by the City Solicitor is attached with the following documents as
• Report entitled “'Revised Residents Parking Programme of Consultation' considered by the Cabinet Member on 31 July 2018.
• The Decision Notice published on 31 July 2018.
• The Record of Decisions (minutes) from the meeting held on 31 July
• Procedure note (Appendix 2)
• Call-in request (Appendix 3)
The procedure to be followed for the meeting is as set out in Appendix 2 of the report.
The relevant members and officers will be in attendance.
The Panel considers the evidence and decides either
(1) that no action should be taken in respect of the decision made at the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation meeting held on 31 July 2018
(2) that the matter should be referred back to Councillor Dowling (as the decision maker at the 31 July Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation meeting) for reconsideration specifying the reasons for doing so.