Venue: Council Chamber - The Guildhall, Portsmouth. View directions
Contact: Karen Martin, Tel: 023 9284 1704 Email: email@example.com
Webcast: View the webcast
Declarations of Members' Interests
The purpose of this report is to:
i) Seek endorsement of the final stage submission to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (EFSA) by 20 January 2023 of the 2023-24 mainstream school revenue funding pro-forma for the Primary and Secondary Phases.
ii) Inform The Cabinet Member of the progress towards the initial determination of the schools budget (including individual schools budgets for 2023-24) and to seek the necessary approvals and endorsements required.
RECOMMENDED that the Cabinet Member:
1. Approves the proposed changes to the mainstream schools revenue funding arrangements as set out in Section 5 and Appendix 2 of the report.
2. Approves the school revenue funding pro-forma at Appendix 3 for submission to the ESFA on 20 January 2023.
3. Approves the use of the carry forward on the Schools Specific Contingency for the same purpose in 2023-24 as set out in Section 6 of the report.
4. Approves the de-delegated unit values in relation to the School Improvement, monitoring and Brokerage Grant of £10.42 for each Primary pupil and £10.42 for each secondary pupil.
5. Approves the budget to be held centrally for the payment of central licences negotiated nationally for all schools by the Secretary of State.
6. Approves the use of the 2022-23 underspend on the Growth Fund for use for the same purpose in 2023-24.
7. Endorses the Growth Fund:
· Budget for 2023-24 as set out in Appendix 1
· Criteria for 2023-24 as set out in Appendix 4
8. Endorses the budgets to be held centrally specifically as set out in Appendix 1 of the report:
· Schools Forum
· Duties retained by the local authority for all schools
9. Approves the Early Years Funding Formula for two, three and four year olds as set out in section 8, Table 5, and Appendix 1 of the report.
10.Approves the Place numbers for Special Schools, Inclusion Centres and Alternative Provision Settings as set out in Section 9 and Appendix 6 of the report.