Venue: Virtual Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Lisa Gallacher 023 9283 4056 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast: View the webcast
Declarations of Interest
Purpose of report
The purpose of this report is to:
Seek endorsement of the final stage submission to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (EFSA) by 21 January 2022 of the 2022-23 mainstream school revenue funding pro-forma for the Primary and Secondary Phases.
Inform Schools Forum of the progress towards the initial determination of the schools budget (including individual schools budgets for 2022-23 and to seek the necessary approvals and endorsements required).
It is recommended that School Members of Schools Forum:
1. Endorse the proposed changes to the mainstream schools revenue funding arrangements as set out in Section 5.
2. Endorse the school revenue funding pro-forma at Appendix 4 for submission to the ESFA on 21 January 2022.
It is recommended that maintained School Members of Schools Forum:
3. Endorse the use of the carry forward on the Schools Specific Contingency for the same purpose in 2022-23
It is recommended that Schools Forum:
4. Endorse the budget to be held centrally for the payment of central licences negotiated nationally for all schools by the Secretary of State.
5. Endorse the use of the 2021-22 underspend on the Growth Fund for use for the same purpose in 2022-23.
6. Approve the Growth Fund:
· Budget for 2022-23 as set out in Appendix 1
· Criteria for 2022-23 as set out in Appendix 3
7. Approve the budgets to be held centrally specifically:
· Schools Forum
· Duties retained by the local authority for all schools
Purpose of report
To inform schools forum of the projected revenue expenditure of the dedicated schools grant (DSG) for the current financial year 2021-22 as at the end of September 2021.
RECOMMENDED that Schools Forum:
Notes the forecast year end budget position for the Dedicated Schools Grant as at 30 September 2021, together with the associated explanations contained within this report.