Venue: The Executive Meeting Room - Third Floor, The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: Anna Martyn 023 9283 4870 Email: Anna.Martyn@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
Webcast: View the webcast
Apologies for absence
Declaration of interests
The purpose of this report is to seek approval for the fees and charges rates in relation to services provided by Adult Social Care for the financial year 2020-21; as well as approval for the future annual rate adjustment mechanism for fees and charges.
RECOMMENDED that the Cabinet Member for Health, Wellbeing & Social Care
1. Agree to increase current fees and charges by 1.7%, with effect from 1st April 2020, in line with the CPI inflation rate as at September 2019, (as shown at Appendices 1 to 4) subject to the rounding adjustments highlighted at paragraph 3.2.
2. Note that the proposed in-house residential and nursing care rates are significantly less than the current cost of provision of these services and therefore will not fulfil the full-cost recovery principles generally applied by the City Council.
3. Agree that authority to vary the charges to other bodies (Appendix 1 and 2) during 2020-21 (to reflect the demand for services) be delegated to the Director of Adult Social Care in consultation with the Finance Manager for Adult Social Care.
4. Delegate authority to the Director of Adult Social Care and the Finance Manager for Adult Social Care, to adjust annually existing fees and charges on the 1st April each year in line with CPI inflation rate in the preceding September, (up to a maximum value for full cost recovery) subject to the necessary rounding adjustments highlighted at paragraph 3.2 and recommendation (e).
5. Agree that where it is proposed to amend an existing fee or charge by an amount different to that calculated in accordance with recommendation (d), that the proposal is published within the Members Information Service in advance of the start of the financial year to which the fee and charge relate.
6. Agree to introduce the proposed charge for 'Intermediate Care' from week 7, where the care continues to be provided in excess of the statutory 6 week period, as detailed within section 5 of the report.
7. Delegate authority to the Director Adult Social Care in consultation with the Finance Manager for Adult Social Care to set fees for administrative support provision not within the scope of the Care Act 2014 or the statutory responsibilities of the service; as and when requested based on cost.