Venue: The Executive Meeting Room - Third Floor, The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: Email: email@example.com 023 9283 4060
Webcast: View the webcast
Apologies for Absence.
Declarations of Members' Interests.
Forward Plan Omission
The Adult Social Care Older Persons Care Home Strategy was omitted from the Forward Plan covering 9 October 2018 to 1 January 2019. The Chair of the City Council's Scrutiny Management Panel has been notified and a public notice published.
1. The omission to the Forward Plan for November 2018 be noted and
2. That publication of the omission notice be noted.
The purpose of this report is to set out the proposed strategic direction for the provision of good quality, sustainable accommodation for Adult Social Care in Portsmouth. These proposals are based on our work to understand the current and future accommodation needs for social care and for residents in the city.
Recommended that the Cabinet Member for Health, Wellbeing & Social Care:
1. Approves the preferred option (option 4) in relation to the rationalisation of the in-house residential estate.
2. Agrees that officers commence immediate engagement with residents, families, staff and wider stakeholders (e.g. primary care) on the closure of Edinburgh House in 2019 and Hilsea Lodge in 2020.
3. Agrees that work continues on the re-purposing the existing Edinburgh House site for the development of a specific dementia extra care facility; acknowledging that any development will be subject to securing sufficient capital funding.