Venue: The Executive Meeting Room - Third Floor, The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: David Penrose 02392 834870 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast: View the webcast
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Members' Interests
To inform the Cabinet Member of the projected revenue expenditure within the portfolio cash limit and capital programme for the current financial year 2018-19. This report sets out the budget position and contributing factors to the projected year-end overspend within the portfolio as at the end of September 2018.
That the Cabinet Member:
1) Notes the Children and Families Portfolio forecast budget position, at the end of September 2018, of £5.6m in excess of current approved cash limit provision;
2) Supports the ongoing process of budget review and implementation of proposals to reduce the projected overspend position and move towards the delivery of a balanced budget within the area of Children's Social Care; and;
3) Notes the position in respect of the approved capital schemes for the portfolio.
It is required by Standard 25.6 of the Adoption National Minimum Standards 2011 for Local Authority Adoption Services that the executive receives a six-monthly written report outlining the management and performance of the adoption agency.
The Cabinet Member is asked to note the performance of the Portsmouth Adoption Agency in terms of:
1) Reducing waiting times for children being placed in permanent families;
2) Sustained number of children adopted in contrast to the national picture; and;
3) The progress of Portsmouth becoming part of a regional adoption agency.