Venue: Council Chamber - The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: Caitlin Earey (023) 9283 4318 Email: Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome and Introduction and attendees and apologies for absence
Sophie Mallon, Legal Advisor to the LEP presided over the meeting until the Chair was appointed.
Introductions were made.
David Williams sent his apologies for absence and Tristan Samuels deputised for him.
Agreement of Solent Growth Forum Chair
Cllr Graham Burgess was proposed as the forum Chair and seconded by members.
Councillor Graham Burgess was appointed Chair for the calendar year 2020.
RECOMMENDED that SGF members are asked to
· Consider and agree the Solent Growth Forum terms of reference.
The terms of reference had been circulated with the agenda prior to the meeting.
Anne-Marie Mountifield explained that the the Solent Growth Forum is represented by wholly included Local Authorities in the Solent LEP georgraphy, but the LEP works with neighbouring Local Authorities and there was provision in the terms of reference for them to join the Forum as Associate Members.
· Members agreed the Terms of Reference.
· Members agreed that representatives from the neighbouring authorities be invited to meetings as associate members
· Members agreed to review the forum after one year.
This report summarises the work the LEP has undertaken to develop a Solent 2050 economic strategy to date.
. SGF Members will be asked to:
• Note the update provided in relation developing the Solent 2050 Strategy, and;
• Provide advice to the executive to inform the future development of the Strategy, and;
• Note the update provide in relation to engagement to date and planned consultation activity, and;
• Provide advice to the executive to inform the future consultation activity.
Anne-Marie Mountifield introduced the two reports that had been published with the agenda and gave a presentation on the emerging strategy, a copy of which will be published on the website after the meeting.
Members considered the outline of the emerging strategy and confirmed their support for it.
There was a discussion on the role of the LEP is developing a strategy for the area and also in relation to funding local growth projects to support the targets within the current strategy.
An overview of the approach to monitoring and evaluating local growth investment was provided and members were advised that work has been commissioned to evaluate the impact of local growth projects that have received LEP investment and that have progressed to delivery of economic outputs.
Members agreed that they would like to review this work ahead of it being considered by the LEP board in July 2020.
· Noted the update provided in relation developing the Solent 2050 Strategy.
· Provided advice to the executive to inform the future development of the Strategy.
· Noted the update provide in relation to engagement to date and planned consultation activity
· Agreed that they would like to receive an update on the work underway to evaluate the impact of local growth deal investment to date ahead for the work being considered by the Board in July 2020.
Any Other Business
There was no other business to discuss.