Venue: Virtual Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Lisa Gallacher 023 9283 4056 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast: View the webcast
Declarations of Interest
Purpose of report
The purpose of this report is to inform Schools Forum of the projected revenue expenditure of the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) for the current financial year 2021-22 as at the end of June 2021, along with proposed budget revisions.
Recommendations that Schools Forum:
(1) Notes the forecast year end budget position for the Dedicated Schools Grant as at 30 June 2021, together with the associated explanations contained within this report.
(2) Endorse the delegation to the Section 151 Officer or their delegated representative, the responsibility to adjust the Early Years block budget in line with the DSG allocation adjustments in November 2021 and January 2022.
(3) Endorse the revisions to the 2021-22 budget as set out in Appendix 1 and section 8.
Purpose of report
The purpose of this report is to provide Schools Forum with an update on the latest developments in respect of the future schools revenue funding arrangements for the financial year 2022-23.
Recommendationsthat Schools Forum:
(1) Notes the Department for Education's proposed changes to school revenue funding arrangements for 2022-23, as set out in this report.
(2) Endorse the
proposals for implementing the local funding formula arrangements
as set out in this report in particular
· Implement the National Funding Formula rates for both primary and secondary schools in 2022-23 as set out in Appendix 1.
· Implement a minimum funding guarantee (MFG) of at least +0.5% and up to +2.0% subject to affordability, for 2022-23 as set out in paragraph 5.8.
· The method of managing affordability as set out in paragraph 5.10.
· Implement the disapplication request as set out in section 6.