Venue: Conference Room A - Civic Offices. View directions
Contact: Vicki Plytas on 023 9283 4058 Email: email@example.com
Note: Call-in withdrawn
Apologies for absence
Declarations of Members' interests
Call-in of the decision taken by the Cabinet Member for Culture, Leisure and Sport (standing in for the then Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation) at the meeting on 10 March 2016 in respect of Agenda Item 5 of that agenda "London Road Proposals TRO 12/2016 PDF 96 KB
Five councillors signed the Call-in form requesting that the decision taken by the Cabinet Member for Culture Leisure and Sport (acting on behalf of the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation at the time) in respect of item 5 on the Traffic and Transportation agenda on 10 March 2016 be called in for scrutiny. The decision related to the item entitled "London Road Proposals TRO 12/2016".
The Monitoring Officer ruled that this was a valid call-in.
The decision today is for the panel to determine whether the Cabinet Member's decision has been taken without adequate information.
If the panel is satisfied that the decision was not taken without adequate information to enable the Cabinet Member to reach her decision, then no further action is required and the matter ends here.
If the panel is not satisfied on this ground, the panel may refer the matter back to the Cabinet Member who took the original decision for reconsideration. The panel must give its reasons if it refers the matter back.
The following documents are attached
· Supplementary report from the City Solicitor addressing the call-in concerns
· The report entitled " London Road proposals: TRO 12/2016" (app 1(a) )
· The minute of the decision taken by the Cabinet Member on 10 March 2016 (app 1(b))
· The call-in request (app 2)
· The decision notice published on 11 March 2016
· The extract from Members' Information Service published on 11 March 2016
· The procedure to be followed at the meeting,
The essential members and officers will be in attendance.
(1) The Panel considers the evidence and decides whether or not the decision made by the Cabinet Member for Culture, Leisure and Sport acting on behalf of the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation on 10 March 2016 should be upheld or referred back to the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation for consideration.
(2) If the Panel decides to refer the matter back to the Cabinet Member who took the decision, it provides reasons for doing so and reasons why it should be reconsidered