Venue: The Executive Meeting Room - Third Floor, The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: Vicki Plytas, Customer, Community & Democratic Services on 023 9283 4058 Email: email@example.com
Apologies for absence
Declarations of Members' interests
Councillors Andrewes, Hugh Mason, Foster, Winnington, Hall, Vernon-Jackson, Sanders, Dowling and Hunt have asked that the decision taken by the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation on 8 January 2015 in respect of item 3 on that agenda, " Residents Parking - Permit Charges" be called in for scrutiny.
The decision today is for the panel to determine whether the Cabinet Member's decision
· has been based on inaccurate or incorrect information
· has been taken without adequate information
· If the panel is satisfied that the decision has not been based on inaccurate or incorrect information, or that it was not taken without adequate information being supplied to enable the Cabinet Member to reach his decision, then no further action is required and the matter ends here.
· If the panel is not satisfied on these grounds, the panel may refer the matter back to the Cabinet Member for reconsideration stating the reasons why.
The following documents are attached:
· Supplementary report from the City Solicitor addressing the call-in concerns.
· The report entitled “Residents' Parking Permit Charges” considered by the Cabinet Member on 8 January 2015. (appendix one)
· The draft Record of Decisions (minutes) of the meeting held by the Cabinet Member on 8 January 2015 (appendix two)
· The Decision Notice circulated to Members and published on Members' Information Service (appendix three)
· The call-in request and reasons for call in- (appendix four)
The relevant members and officers will be in attendance
The procedure for the meeting will be as follows:-
Process of call-in
· Deputations to be heard first, followed by;
· Presentation of the call-in by the Lead call-in member followed by questions from Scrutiny Management Panel members.
· Response from the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation followed by questions from Scrutiny Management Panel members.
· A further response may then be made by the Lead call-in member
· The Lead call-in member may then sum up his case
· The Cabinet Member may then sum up his case
· General debate among Scrutiny Management Panel members followed by a decision.
· The Panel would then either resolve to take no action (in effect endorsing the original decision) or refer the matter back to the Cabinet Member for further consideration, setting out the nature of its concerns.
RECOMMENDED that the Panel considers the evidence and decides whether or not the decision taken by the Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation on item 3 at his meeting held on 8 January 2015 should be upheld or be referred back to the Cabinet Member for reconsideration with the Panel's reasons why.
Presentation by Head of Finance and S151 Officer on the Budget 2014/15
A presentation will be provided to members and an opportunity will be given for questions.