Venue: The Executive Meeting Room - Third Floor, The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: Vicki Plytas 023 9283 4058 Email: Vicki.firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast: View the webcast
Apologies for Absence
Declaration of Members' Interests
Forward Plan Omission
The Transfer of Properties to Portsmouth Community Housing Trust report by the Director of Community and Communication was omitted from the Forward Plan covering 9 November 2018 to 1 February 2019. The Chair of the City Council's Scrutiny Management Panel has been notified and a public notice published.
(1) the omission to the Forward Plan covering 9 November 2018 to 1 February 2019 be noted and
(2) publication of the omission notice be noted
The purpose of the report is to outline the opportunity to support Portsmouth Community Housing Trust and residents of Portsmouth requiring housing by transferring the buildings previously leased to Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service (PARCS) on a peppercorn rent to the Portsmouth Community Housing Trust with the sole purpose of providing affordable rental accommodation as identified by Portsmouth City Council.
RECOMMENDED that the Cabinet Member for Resources approves the following:
(1) That 1-3 Angerstein Road be transferred by long lease to the Portsmouth Community Housing Trust for the provision of housing as identified by Portsmouth City Council
(2) That delegation be made to the Director of Housing, Neighbourhoods and Buildings to agree a Lettings Agreement with Portsmouth Community Housing Trust that ensures Portsmouth has nomination rights to allocate the properties in line with the Portsmouth City Council Allocation Policy
(3) That delegation be made to the City Solicitor to complete all necessary legal work to complete matters