Venue: Executive Meeting Room - The Guildhall
Contact: Joanne Wildsmith, Democratic Services Tel: 9283 4057 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Cancellation due to coronavirus restrictions - to be rescheduled
Apologies for Absence
Declaration of Interests
The purpose of the report by the Director of Housing, Neighbourhood and Building Services is to:
· seek approval from Cabinet Member for Housing to instruct Housing, Neighbourhood and Building's Design Team to deliver a new development of four, 4 bed flats and two, 4 bed bungalows on the redundant Highgrove Lodge site.
· seek approval of the financial appraisal delivering 6 new properties, this in turn delivers new homes for 24 adults with either learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities within the Supported Housing Portfolio.
The development could potentially deliver annual savings to the general fund of c. £96,256pa. Plus savings to the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) of c.£412,000pa. Due to the provision of a six month building occupation time. It is estimated that this could be realised in full from May 2023.
(1) That the Cabinet Member for Housing approves Capital Expenditure of £5.1m, to deliver 6 new properties housing 24 adults with Learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities comprising of four, 4 bed shared flats and two, 4 bed shared bungalows to be held in the Supported Housing Portfolio within the Housing Revenue Account.
(2) That the Cabinet Member for Housing delegates authority to the Head of Housing, Neighbourhood and Building Services in consultation with the Head of Finance & S151 Officer to amend the composition and spending profile of the proposed schemes in order to meet planning and design requirements and also to agree the use of either Grant funding or 141 receipts whilst ensuring that the schemes remain financially viable following any necessary changes.
(3) That the Cabinet Member for Housing delegates the Director of Housing, Neighbourhood and Building to apply for any grant funding to support the scheme.
The information report by the Director of Housing, Neighbourhood and Building Services provides an update on the progress of the Empty Private Residential Property Strategy 2019 - 2024 and the outcomes that were agreed in March 2019.