Venue: Southsea Library, Palmerston Road, Southsea (please note venue)
Contact: Joanne Wildsmith Democratic Services Tel: 9283 4057 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies for absence
Declarations of Members' Interests
RECOMMENDED that the minutes of the previous meeting held on 20 January 2020 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
Review: Engagement with Culture and Leisure - widening social participation in Portsmouth
The panel will continue its review and receive evidence from Lindy Elliott, Library and Archive Services Manager. Claire Looney, Partnership and Commissioning Manager and James Daly, Cultural Development & Projects Officer, will also be in attendance.
The panel members will have had the opportunity to tour Southsea Library from 5pm prior to the meeting.
The 5.30pm EDCL Scrutiny Panel will consider:
1. Case studies from Southsea Library
2. Value of Cultural and Leisure engagement - Literacy, Learning, wellbeing education
3. Libraries - core library initiatives
4. Targeted access work:
- Visually impaired groups
- Homelessness Librarian
- Summer reading Challenge Plus
5. Value of Volunteers - Friends of Southsea Library; adults with learning disabilities
6. Evolving access:
- Partnerships i.e. Portsmouth Arts Network/Cultural Education Partnership/Portsmouth Creates, opportunity for shared spaces/funding bids and events.