Decision Maker: Cabinet, Full Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) Cabinet noted the consultation responses from both the survey and the focus groups (see appendix 2) which are on the whole positive and supportive of the strategy.
(2) Cabinet delegated to the Director of Regeneration to consider the key objectives and proposed actions of the strategy and to ensure that the Council is able to deliver measurable outcomes supporting the economic development and regeneration agenda, working with key stakeholders in the city subject to Council approval of the strategy.
(3) Cabinet noted the alignment of the strategy with Council corporate objectives and its commitment to the environment following the Declaration of a Climate Change Emergency for Portsmouth.
(4) Cabinet noted the alignment of the strategy with the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership's work on the new Local Industrial Strategy.
And Cabinet RECOMMENDED to the City Council that:
(5) Council adopts the Portsmouth Economic Development and Regeneration Strategy 2019-36.
(Recommendation 5 is not subject to call-in, being referred to Council)
Report author: Mark Pembleton
Publication date: 11/09/2019
Date of decision: 09/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 09/09/2019 - Cabinet