Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Education
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(TAKE IN REPORT)
The report was introduced by Beverley Pennekett, Finance Manager.
Councillor Horton said it was important to note that discussions on this had already taken place with the Schools Forum.
DECISIONS: The Cabinet Member:
(1) Noted the progress being made towards the 2019 to 2020 local funding formula including the issue of the consultation to mainstream schools as set out in Appendix A.
(2) Noted the outcomes of the consultation issued to mainstream primary schools and agree the proposals set out in section 6.
(3) Noted that the Department for Education (DfE) are reviewing the methods of funding the local authority for Growth and the High Needs Block and a further update will be provided following the publication of information from the DfE.
(4) Noted the progress being made towards the strategic review of the High Needs budgets in light of the 2018-19 pressures.
(5) Noted the progress being made towards the review of early years funding for 2019-20 as set out in section 8.
Report author: Beverley Pennekett
Publication date: 31/07/2018
Date of decision: 09/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2018 - Cabinet Member for Education