Councillor Gerald Vernon-Jackson CBE
Title: Group Leader
Party: Liberal Democrat
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Available by appointment
39 Lindley Avenue
Mobile: 07976 - 949272
Bus. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cabinet Member - the Leader (Opposition spokesperson)
- Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care & Public Health Decision Meeting (Opposition spokesperson)
- Employment Committee
- Full Council
- Health and Wellbeing Board
- Licensing Committee
- Licensing Sub-committee
- Planning Committee (Standing Deputy)
Terms of Office
- 01/05/2003 - 03/05/2007
- 03/05/2007 - 05/05/2011
- 05/05/2011 - 07/05/2015
- 07/05/2015 - 02/05/2019
Appointments to outside bodies
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Local Government Association
- Local Government Association (General Assembly)
- Port Advisory Board
- Portsmouth and District Friendly Society Homes
- Solent Constitutional Convention
- World War 2 Memorial Fund
Gerald Vernon-Jackson has been a councillor in Portsmouth since 2003 and was Leader of the Council from 2004 to 2014. He represents Milton and lives in Southsea.
Gerald Vernon-Jackson is Leader of the Liberal Democrats in Local Government in England and Wales, at the Local Government Association and is Vice Chairman of the LGA.
Gerald Vernon-Jackson also serves on several outside bodies. He is Vice-Chair of the Partnership of Urban South Hampshire, the organisation which brings together all the councils in southern Hampshire. He is a Director of the Solent Local Economic Partnership. He is also a Director of the Improvement and Development Agency and the Hampshire Pension Fund.
Gerald Vernon-Jackson was born and brought up in Hampshire and has both a BA and MSc degrees. He has worked for several local councils as well as for himself. He worked for David Rendel MP and for the Liberal Democrats nationally.
Gerald Vernon-Jackson is a member of the National Executive of the Liberal Democrats. He has worked for several organisations such as: IDEA, SOLACE, Leadership Centre, ALDC and Westminster Foundation for Democracy.